Are you thinking of joining the Murdoch family? Whether you join us at foundation, diploma, undergraduate or postgraduate level, chances are we have a Scholarship opportunity for you.
Academic Merit Scholarships (Current Students)
In recognition of academic achievements, Murdoch University Dubai offers one scholarship per trimester to an outstanding student from Foundation or Diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
In order to qualify for this scholarship, students must meet the following criteria:
- Full-time study
- Good financial and academic standing
- Not in receipt of any other Murdoch Dubai scholarship
Foundation and Diploma Program
- 100% of tuition fee for 12 credit points (4 units of study), awarded each trimester to the student who achieves the most outstanding results across all pathway programs (Foundation and Diploma) offered at the Murdoch Dubai Campus.
- 100% of tuition fee for 12 credit points (4 units of study), awarded each trimester to the student who achieves the most outstanding result across all undergraduate degrees offered at the Murdoch Dubai Campus.
- 100% of tuition fee for 12 credit points (2 or 4 units of study), awarded each trimester to the student who achieves the most outstanding result across all postgraduate degrees offered at the Murdoch Dubai Campus.
2020 Scholarships (New Students)
- We offer academic merit-based scholarships to all our applicants (subject to meeting merit requirements). No application necessary. To be eligible, students must not be in receipt of any other scholarship and must commence their program of study in any of the 2020 trimesters.
- Scholarships for new students at the foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate level ranges from 15% to 40% of tuition fee costs, based on their previous academic performance
Academic Merit Based Student Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship is a tuition fee waiver and does not cover costs associated with living expenses, accommodation, transport, overseas student health cover or other costs associated with study.
- Scholarship recipient will be responsible for any costs associated with obtaining a student Visa, medical health cover, and any other costs associated with study.
- Changes in enrolment (i.e. course changes, change in major, study load, withdrawal or leave of absence) requires prior approval from the University. The recipient must notify Murdoch University Dubai, of any plans of changes in enrolment. Their scholarship eligibility will be re-assessed in line with these Scholarship Terms and Conditions and may result in cancellation of scholarship.
- The scholarship is only available for a program delivered at Murdoch Dubai campus. If the recipient decides to change their course of study to another Murdoch University campus, the Scholarship offer will be withdrawn.
- The scholarship will be terminated if the recipient:
- does not commence within the dates outlined in the Letter of Offer
- ceases to meet the specific eligibility of the Scholarship
- does not meet minimum progression (must maintain minimum Pass in each unit/subject)
- ceases to be enrolled or withdraws from the program
- is suspended or excluded from the University for misconduct
- The recipient may be invited to:
- participate in University events for students and prospective students (e.g. Orientation, Open Day)
- assist in providing information to prospective students about courses and scholarship programs
- provide a personal profile and photograph for use in promotional material
- The Scholarship is only applicable on 24 units (or 72cps) for Undergraduate programs and 12 units (or 36cps) for Postgraduate programs.
- Where there is a difference in interpretation on the operation of this Agreement, the recipient may submit a case in writing to Murdoch University Dubai.
- Murdoch University Dubai reserves the rights to make any changes to the terms and conditions at any point of time.
Early Registration Grant
- No application necessary. Students will receive a 5% bursary on their entire tuitions fees when they accept and pay their tuition fees by 16th April 2020.
- 20% bursary on the first year tuition fees of the chosen program
Diploma Program (first-year undergraduate program) Scholarships
- Available to all Diploma program students. No application necessary. To be eligible students must not be in receipt of any other scholarship.
- 50% scholarship on tuition fees
GEMS Schools - UniConnect Bursary
- Additional 5% on Academic Merit scholarships.
If ineligible for Academic Merit scholarship, 10% bursary is available on the entire tuition fees
Full Advance Fees Discount
- 5% discount on the advance if the yearly tuition fees is paid.
Refer a Friend Bursary
- Students and alumni can choose to receive AED 2,500 or 10% discount on their trimester's tuition fees for every referral that enrols in Murdoch University Dubai
- Immediate family members of currently enroled students can receive 10% discount on their trimester's tuition fees.
Terms & Conditions:
- The discount applies to immediate family members only. They are defined as father, mother, siblings (brothers or sisters) and spouse.
- All discounts are awarded with the specific eligibility and selection criteria.
- The discount covers tuitions fees only. It does not cover living and other costs associated with studying at university.
- Students must meet the university's academic entry requirements.
- The discount is specific to Murdoch University Dubai campus. It is not transferrable to any other Murdoch University branches.
- The discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount or grant.
- The discount will be awarded to applicants upon confirmation from the Finance Office that they meet the eligibility criteria and have provided all relevant details to the university.
Scholarship Terms and Conditions
All Scholarships, fee waivers and financial aid are subject to the following terms and conditions.
- Successful recipients will not receive any money from Murdoch University Dubai. The value of the scholarship will be recorded on the student’s account during their second trimester of study or their final trimester of study for an undergraduate/postgraduate program.
- Scholarships are not transferable to other students in any circumstances.
- Murdoch University Dubai reserves the right not to award all or some of the scholarships in a given year.
- Murdoch University Dubai reserves the right to review or cancel awards due to changes in financial standing, academic or program status. All Scholarship students must be in good standing in terms of all ethical, judicial & academic norms.
- All awards are tentative subject to final verification of academic records and acceptance to the Murdoch University Dubai.
- Scholarships and fee waivers awarded at Murdoch University Dubai are not transferable to Murdoch University, Perth, Western Australia or any other Murdoch campus.
- An individual student can only be in receipt of one Scholarship or fee waiver at any given time.
- Students cannot use any Scholarship or fee waiver incentive in conjunction with an existing scholarship or fee waiver.
- Students receiving renewable Scholarships are evaluated at the end of each trimester to determine if they are eligible for continuation of the Scholarship into the next trimester. The Scholarship Committee will determine if students have met the minimum criteria when receiving the award.
- Repeated units will not count toward meeting minimum credit requirements. If a student does not meet the minimum requirements to renew their Scholarship, the Scholarship will not be offered for the upcoming Trimester.
- If a student has extenuating circumstances that impact his or her scholarship renewal eligibility, an appeal letter can be submitted to the Scholarship Committee which explains and documents those circumstances. The letter should be submitted to the student affairs department.
- The Scholarship or fee waiver covers tuitions fees only. It does not cover living and other costs associated with studying at university.
- The Scholarship or fee waiver will be awarded to applicants upon confirmation from the Finance Office that they meet the eligibility criteria and have provided all relevant details to the University.
- Scholarships can not be backdated.