2020 Scholarships, Bursaries and Discounts
Are you thinking of joining the Murdoch family? Whether you join us at foundation, diploma, undergraduate or postgraduate level, chances are we have a Scholarship opportunity for you. No separate application is necessary, all applicants will be automatically assessed.
Academic Merit Scholarship
Foundation, Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programs
- We offer academic merit scholarships ranging from 15% to 40% of the total tuition fees based on previous academic performance. Students must not be in receipt of any other Murdoch University Dubai scholarship and must commence their program of study in any of the 2020 trimesters.
Diploma Program Scholarship
- We are offering a limited number of 50% scholarships for the diploma program during 2020. Applicants will be assessed at time of application and must commence their program of study in any of the 2020 trimesters.
Academic Merit Scholarship for Current Students
- 100% scholarship awarded on tuition fees for 12 credit points each trimester to the student who achieves the most outstanding results. This scholarship is available across Foundation, Diploma, Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs offered at Murdoch University Dubai.
Additional Discounts & Bursaries
- 20% bursary on the first-year tuition fees of the chosen program for any Murdoch Alumni.
Refer A Friend/ Family Bursary
- Students or Alumni who refer friends or family members will receive an award of AED2,500 for every referral who enrolls in Murdoch University.
‘Early Bird’ Payment Discount
- Students will receive a 5% early bird discount on their up-coming trimester's fees paid prior to 2 weeks out from trimester commencement. The 5% discount is applied to post scholarship fees where applicable.
GEMS Education Graduates Discount
- GEMS students qualifying for Academic Merit Scholarships will receive an additional 5% discount on the post scholarship fees.
- 10% discount applied to Foundation, Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programs where no academic merit scholarship is awarded.
Full Advance Fee Discount
- 5% discount applied when yearly tuition fees are paid in advance. 5% applied on post academic merit scholarship fee, where applicable.
Corporate Partnership Discount
- Exclusive Corporate Partnership discounts are available for our corporate partners across all programs. Please contact us at info@murdochuniversitydubai for further details.
Terms & Conditions:
Academic Merit Based Scholarship
- The scholarship is a tuition fee waiver and does not cover costs associated with living expenses, accommodation, transport, overseas medical health cover, student visa or any other costs associated with study.
- Changes in enrolment (i.e. course changes, change in major, study load, withdrawal or leave of absence) requires prior approval from the University. The recipient must notify Murdoch University Dubai, of any plans of changes in enrolment. Their scholarship eligibility will be re-assessed in line with these Scholarship Terms and Conditions and may result in cancellation of scholarship.
- The Scholarship is applicable on 72 credit points for Undergraduate programs and 36 credit points for Postgraduate programs.
- Where there is a difference in interpretation on the operation of this Agreement, the recipient may submit a case in writing to Murdoch University Dubai.
Refer A Friend
- The referrer must submit the Refer A Friend form prior to the referee’s application form reaching the admissions department
- Students must meet the university's academic entry requirements and maintain attendance beyond census date for the reward to be processed.
All Scholarships, bursaries and discounts are subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Successful recipients will not receive any money from Murdoch University Dubai, except for the Refer A Friend/ Family Bursary. The value of the scholarship, bursary, discount will be recorded on the student’s account during their second trimester of study or their final trimester of study for an undergraduate/postgraduate program.
- Scholarships, bursaries and discounts are not transferable to other students under any circumstances.
- Murdoch University Dubai reserves the right not to award all or some of the scholarships in any given year.
- Murdoch University Dubai reserves the right to review or cancel awards due to changes in financial standing, academic or program status. All Scholarship students must be in good standing in terms of all ethical, judicial & academic norms.
- All awards are tentative subject to final verification of academic records and acceptance to the Murdoch University Dubai.
- Scholarships and fee waivers awarded at Murdoch University Dubai are not transferable to Murdoch University, Perth, Western Australia or any other Murdoch campus.
- An individual student can only be in receipt of one Scholarship or fee waiver at any given time.
- Students receiving renewable Scholarships are evaluated at the end of each trimester to determine if they are eligible for continuation of the Scholarship into the next trimester, based on minimum academic performance. The Scholarship Committee will determine if students have met the minimum criteria when receiving the award.
- Repeated units will not count toward meeting minimum credit requirements. If a student does not meet the minimum requirements to renew their Scholarship, the Scholarship will not be offered for the upcoming Trimester.
- If a student has extenuating circumstances that impact his or her scholarship renewal eligibility, an appeal letter can be submitted to the Scholarship Committee which explains and documents those circumstances. The letter should be submitted to the student affairs department.
- The Scholarship or fee waiver covers tuitions fees only. It does not cover living and other costs associated with studying at university.
- The Scholarship, bursary, discount will be awarded to applicants upon confirmation from the Finance Office that they meet the eligibility criteria and have provided all relevant details to the University.
- Scholarships cannot be backdated.
- Murdoch University Dubai reserves the rights to make any changes to the terms and conditions at any point in time.
The scholarship will be terminated if the recipient:
- does not commence within the dates outlined in the Letter of Offer
- ceases to meet the specific eligibility of the Scholarship, bursary, discount
- does not meet minimum progression (must maintain minimum Pass in each unit/subject)
- ceases to be enrolled or withdraws from the program
- is suspended or excluded from the University for misconduct
The recipient may be invited to:
- participate in University events for students and prospective students (e.g. Orientation, Open Day)
- assist in providing information to prospective students about courses and scholarship programs
- provide a personal profile and photograph for use in promotional material