2022 Scholarships, Bursaries and Discounts
Thinking of joining the Murdoch family? Whether you join us at the Foundation, Diploma, Undergraduate or Postgraduate level, chances are we have a scholarship opportunity for you. No separate scholarship application is necessary. Eligibility will be automatically assessed based upon the submission of your previous academic results.
Pathway Programs Scholarships
- We are offering a limited number of 50% scholarships for our Pathway programs (Foundation and Diploma) during 2022. Students must commence their program of study in any of our 2022 trimesters. Pathway Programs Scholarships can only be combined with our Early Bird discount (5%). Partner School bursaries will be applied upon admission to your undergraduate degree.
Academic Merit Scholarships
- We offer generous Academic Merit Scholarships ranging from 15% to 40% of the total tuition fees across all our Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs, based on your previous academic performance. Academic Merit Scholarships can only be combined with our Early Bird discount (5%) and/or our Partner School bursary (5%). Students must commence their program of study in any of the 2022 trimesters.
- A 100% scholarship is awarded each trimester on full tuition fees for 12 credit points to a current Murdoch Dubai student who achieves the most outstanding results (minimum 85%). This scholarship is available across our Pathway, Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs offered at Murdoch University Dubai.
MBA and Master of Information Technology Scholarship
- We are offering a limited number of 20% scholarships for our MBA and MIT programs in 2022 to support our working professionals or any student who does not qualify for a higher percentage Academic Merit Scholarship. Students must commence their program of study in any of our 2022 trimesters. The MBA and MIT Scholarships can only be combined with our Early Bird discount (5%).
Academic Merit Scholarships Criteria
|Australian High School (Year 12) ATAR score||65% - 74%||75% - 84%||85% - 89%||≥90%|
|Indian All India Senior School Certificate (CBSE or CISCE)||65% - 74%||75% - 84%||85% - 89%||≥90%|
|Indian Higher Secondary Certificate (State Boards)||70% - 79%||80% - 84%||85% - 89%||≥90%|
|BTEC Level 3||Pass||Merit||Distinction||Double Distinction|
|International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma||24-27||28-30||31-33||>33|
|Kenya (KCSE - scale of 12)||8||9||10||11|
|Pakistan Higher Secondary School Certificate||70%-79%||80%-84%||85%- 89%||≥90%|
|Ukraine (GPA scale of 12)||8.0 - 8.9||9.0 - 9.9||10.0 - 10.9||11.0 - 12.0|
|USA: American High School Diploma||GPA 2.8 - 3.0||GPA 3.1 - 3.3||GPA 3.4 - 3.5||GPA ≥3.6|
|Australia||65%-74%||75% - 84%||85% - 89%||≥90%|
|Canada (Grade point average – based on a scale of 0 to 4.0)||GPA 2.6 – 2.8||GPA 2.9 – 3.2||GPA 3.3 - 3.5||GPA ≥3.6|
|Canada (Grades %)||65%-74%||75% - 84%||85% - 89%||≥90%|
|India (Percentage)||65%-74%||75% - 84%||85% - 89%||≥90%|
|India (Grade point average – based on a scale of 0 to 4.0)||GPA 2.6 – 2.8||GPA 2.9 – 3.2||GPA 3.3 - 3.5||GPA ≥3.6|
|India (Grade point average – based on a scale of 0 to 10)||6.5 - 7.4||7.5 - 8.4||8.5 - 8.9||≥9.0|
|India (Grades %)||65%-74%||75%-84%||85% - 89%||≥90%|
|Kenya||65%-74%||75%-84%||85% - 89%||≥90%|
|Nigeria||65%-74%||75%-84%||85% - 89%||≥90%|
|Pakistan||65%-74%||75%-84%||85% - 89%||≥90%|
|RCIS (Russia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kyrgyzstan, Moldavia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine)||65%-74%||75%-84%||85% - 89%||≥90%|
|UK||65%-74%||75%-84%||85% - 89%||≥90%|
|USA (Grade point average – based on a scale of 0 to 4.0)||GPA 2.8 - 3.0||GPA 3.1 - 3.3||GPA 3.4 - 3.5||GPA ≥3.6|
|USA (Grades %)||65%-74%||75%-84%||85% - 89%||≥90%|
Academic Merit Scholarships Criteria for Progressing Students
Foundation to Undergraduate
Diploma to Undergraduate
- ‘Early Bird’ Discount - Students will receive a 5% early bird discount on their trimester's fees as per the published confirmation deadlines. The 5% discount can be combined with all available scholarships and bursaries.
- Partner School Bursary – Partner School students, including GEMS students, qualifying for Academic Merit Scholarships will receive an additional 5% discount on their tuition fees. A 10% bursary will be applied to Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programs where no academic merit scholarship is awarded.
- Esaad Card Discount – Esaad cardholders and their immediate family members will receive a 25% discount on their undergraduate or postgraduate program's tuition fees. This discount cannot be combined with any other discounts or scholarships.
- Refer A Friend/ Family Bursary - Students or Alumni who refer friends or family members will receive an award of AED2,500 for every referral who enrols in Murdoch University Dubai. Please note this bursary will be paid out 6 weeks after the trimester census date.
- Alumni Bursary – A 20% bursary will be applied to the tuition fees of your chosen postgraduate program for Murdoch University alumni who do not already qualify for a higher percentage Academic Merit Scholarship. This bursary can only be combined with our Early Bird discount (5%).
- Corporate Partnership Discount - A Corporate Partnership discount is available for our corporate partners and immediate families across all programs. Please contact us at info@murdochuniversitydubai for further details.
Terms & Conditions:
All Scholarships, bursaries and discounts are subject to the following terms and conditions:
- All Murdoch University Dubai scholarships are tuition fee waivers and do not cover costs associated with living expenses, accommodation, transport, overseas medical health cover, student visa or any other costs associated with studying with Murdoch University.
- Withdrawal or extended deferment from your course (more than 2 consecutive trimesters) will result in the cancellation of your approved scholarship and will be reassessed upon re-admission.
- All scholarships, bursaries and discounts (excluding the 100% Academic Merit Scholarship for current students) are applicable on 72 credit points for Undergraduate programs and 36 credit points for Postgraduate programs. The Early Bird discount is applied on a trimester basis.
- Successful recipients of any scholarship, discount or bursary will not receive any money from Murdoch University Dubai, except for the Refer A Friend/Family Bursary.
- Scholarships, bursaries and discounts are not transferable to other students under any circumstances.
- Murdoch University Dubai reserves the right not to award all or some of the scholarships in any given year.
- Murdoch University Dubai reserves the right to review or cancel awards due to changes in financial standing, academic or program status. All Scholarship students must be in good standing in terms of all ethical, judicial & academic norms.
- All awards are tentative subject to final verification of academic records and acceptance to the Murdoch University Dubai.
- Scholarships and fee waivers awarded at Murdoch University Dubai are not transferable to Murdoch University, Perth, Western Australia or any other Murdoch campus.
- For the Refer A Friend bursary, the referrer must submit the referral form prior to or at the time of submission of your university application form; students must meet the university's academic entry requirements and maintain attendance beyond the census date for the reward to be processed; the bursary is paid 6 weeks after the census date.
- Scholarships are evaluated at the end of each trimester to determine if they are eligible for continuation into the next trimester, based on minimum academic performance.
- The Admissions Manager will determine if students have met the minimum criteria when receiving the award.
- All scholarships, discounts and bursaries will not be applied to repeated units. Repeated units will be charged at the full tuition fee price.
- If a student has extenuating circumstances that impact his or her scholarship renewal eligibility, an appeal letter can be submitted to the General Manager which explains and documents those circumstances.
- Scholarships cannot be applied to already completed units of study.
- Murdoch University Dubai reserves the right to make any changes to the terms and conditions at any point in time.
The scholarship will be terminated if the recipient:
- does not commence within the dates outlined in the Letter of Offer
- ceases to meet the specific eligibility of the scholarship, bursary or discount
- does not meet minimum progression (must maintain minimum Pass in each unit/subject)
- ceases to be enrolled or withdraws from the program
- is suspended or excluded from the University for misconduct