Student Services & Support
Murdoch University Dubai offers a range of support services that aim to provide students with the best possible student experience.
Student Learning Support
Learning support is available to you throughout your time at Murdoch University Dubai. A wide range of easy to use self-help resources are available at: http://our.murdoch.edu.au/Student-life/Study-Successfully-Advice/
- On-demand study help: Studiosity specialists are available for study help and writing feedback.
- Live connect: you can seek study support online with academic literacy skills and core subject areas such as English, Science, Maths and Statistics Sunday to Friday (1pm – 10 pm AWST).
- Writing feedback on your draft assignments any time of day (typically less than 24hr turnaround) in areas such as language, structure, grammar, spelling and referencing.
For more information on Studiosity, please visit http://our.murdoch.edu.au/Student-life/Study-Successfully-Advice/Studiosity/
Student Learning Advisor
Our Student Learning Advisor provides individualised course advice and learning support to students, and runs weekly academic and study skills workshops to help students in the following key areas:
- English language skills (writing essays, research skills, active reading)
- Time management
- Career Advice (writing your resume and cover letter, updating your LinkedIn profile, preparing for an interview)
- Academic Integrity (how to avoid plagiarism)
Our Student Counsellor provides individual and confidential counselling and psychological support to students. The counsellor also runs mental health and wellbeing workshops to address key issues like adjusting to university life, dealing with exam and assignment stress, and balancing personal life with studies.
Sundays to Tuesday – 9am to 6pm
Students with disabilities and medical conditions
Murdoch University provides a range of services and supports students with a permeant or temporary disability, medical condition or mental health issue. These services are in place to assist you with coursework and assessments.
Disability and medical conditions include:
Individual support plans are available that include coursework support, alternative assessment arrangements, assistive equipment and technologies, and text conversion.
For more info, please visit http://our.murdoch.edu.au/Student-life/Rights-and-responsibilities/Get-help-or-advice or e-mail email@example.com
Careers and Internships
Murdoch Dubai Career Portal
Murdoch University Dubai has a designated career portal where job and internship opportunities are posted regularly by our corporate partner and hundreds of local and international companies.
Industry Panels and Networking Events
Murdoch University Dubai hosts regular industry panels and networking events to link our students with leaders in industry and to shed the light on contemporary industry trends.