Student Services & Support
Murdoch University Dubai offers a range of support services that aim to provide students with the best possible student experience throughout their Murdoch journey. We have a fantastic team of staff here at Murdoch University Dubai that you will get to know over your time with us and our Student Support Team is one that you will likely interact the most. They are here to guide, support and assist you during your entire journey with us. The Student Services team is:
- Jil Salhani – Student & Academic Services Manager
- Pratima Joshi – Student & Academic Services Coordinator
- Preeja Narayaran – Senior Student & Academic Services Officer
- Jessica Bou Abdallah – Student & Academic Services Officer
- Smitha Manoj - Student & Academic Services Officer (Library)
- Lama Jbara - Student Learning Support Officer
- Uzma Shaheen - Employability Support Officer
- Maja Zivkovic - Student Counsellor
You can reach the Student Services team on email@example.com.
Student Learning Support
Learning support is available to you throughout your time at Murdoch University Dubai. A wide range of easy to use self-help resources are available at: murdoch.edu.au/mymurdoch/support-advice/learning-study/
- On-demand study help: Studiosity specialists are available for study help and writing feedback.
- Live connect: You can seek study support online with academic literacy skills and core subject areas such as English, Science, Maths and Statistics, Sunday to Friday (1pm –10 pm AWST).
- Writing feedback on your draft assignments any time of day (typically less than 24hr turnaround) in areas such as language, structure, grammar, spelling and referencing.
Student Learning Support Officer
Our Student Learning Support Officer is available to provide one-on-one online consultations to assist students in key areas such as:
- Time management skills
- Research & writing skills
- Academic Integrity (how to avoid plagiarism)
- Career advice
- Student Welfare
Our Student Counsellor provides individual and confidential counselling and psychological support to students. The counsellor also runs mental health and wellbeing workshops to address key issues like adjusting to university life, dealing with exam and assignment stress, and balancing personal life with studies.
Students with Disabilities and Medical Conditions
We’re committed to providing equality of opportunity through the best possible level of support to disabled students. Murdoch University can provide academic support and adjustments if you have a disability or long-term health condition that has an impact on your ability to study. This may include:
- an autistic spectrum condition
- a visual impairment
- a hearing impairment
- a long-standing illness or health condition such as diabetes or chronic fatigue
- a mental health condition
- a specific learning difficulty (SpLD) such as dyslexia, dyspraxia or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- physical/mobility difficulties
Accommodations include assistive software for visually-impaired students, note-takers for students with hearing disabilities, accessibility for mobility amongst others. These services are in place to assist you with your day-to-day classes, coursework and assessments.
Individual support plans are available that include coursework support, alternative assessment arrangements, assistive equipment and technologies, and text conversion.
For more info, please visit https://www.murdoch.edu.au/mymurdoch/support-advice/health-wellbeing/accessibility-services or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org