The Foundation Program is created to prepare you for entry into your chosen undergraduate degree program. The units you study while completing this program depend on the undergraduate program you wish to study.
In the Foundation program, you will have the opportunity to work on improving your English language skills, and to practice the four key skills (reading, writing, speaking and listening) in various contexts. These programs give you the very best chance for academic success and prepare you to study at university level.
- Students who achieve a GPA of ≥ 80% can progress directly to their related undergraduate degree.
- Students who achieve a GPA of < 80% can progress directly into the related Murdoch University diploma. On successful completion of the Murdoch University diploma, students can then progress to the second year of the related Murdoch University degree with advanced standing equivalent to 24 credit points.
Standard Foundation studies
8 units (2-3 trimesters)
Part-time study options are also available
CORE UNITS (for all streams):
- Advanced Academic Communication Skills
- Essential Mathematics
- Information Technology
- Advanced Academic Writing and Research
ADDITIONAL CORE UNITS (IT stream):
ADDITIONAL CORE UNITS (Business stream - Choose 2):
ELECTIVE UNITS: (Arts and Communication choose 4; Business or IT choose 2)
- Mass Communication
- Introduction to Systems Analysis
- Intercultural Studies
- Mathematics 1
Note: Core units and structure subject to change.
More programs at Murdoch