The Foundation Program is created to prepare you for entry into your chosen undergraduate degree program. The units you study while completing this program depend on the undergraduate program you wish to study.
The Foundation program will help you learn the academic skills required to succeed at the university level and provide you with opportunities to enhance your language skills in various contexts.
- Students who achieve a GPA of ≥ 80% can progress directly to their related undergraduate degree.
- Students who achieve a GPA of < 80% can progress directly into the related Murdoch University diploma. On successful completion of the Murdoch University diploma, students can then progress to the second year of the related Murdoch University degree with advanced standing equivalent to 24 credit points.
Standard Foundation studies
8 units (2-3 trimesters)
Part-time study options are also available
Tuition Fee for the Entire Course:
CORE UNITS (for all streams):
- Advanced Academic Communication Skills
- Essential Mathematics
- Information Technology
- Advanced Academic Writing and Research
ADDITIONAL CORE UNITS (IT stream):
ADDITIONAL CORE UNITS (Business stream - Choose 2):
ELECTIVE UNITS: (Arts and Communication choose 4; Business or IT choose 2)
- Mass Communication
- Introduction to Systems Analysis
- Intercultural Studies
- Mathematics 1
Assumed knowledge: For future Diploma/Bachelor studies in Finance or IT, knowledge of Year 12 Maths or equivalent is assumed. If not completed in Year 12, enrol in the Foundation Mathematics unit.
Note: Core units and structure subject to change.
More programs at Murdoch