Bachelor of Business (BBus) in Accounting
Tuition Fee (AED)
155,000 (VAT Inclusive)
3 Years with the option to fast-track (6 Trimesters)
Part-time study options are also available
Bachelor of Business
Accounting is an integral part of the management process in any business, public enterprise or not-for-profit entities. It acts as an evaluation and control aid when looking at the effectiveness and efficiency of the operations of an enterprise as well as employee performance. It provides information to assist users in making decisions for a variety of purposes, including the acquisition or sale of shares, lending of money, and provision of goods on credit.
You’ll also learn to interpret accounting and auditing standards as you gain new skills in financial statement analysis, forecasting and budgeting, negotiation, ethical decision-making and problem-solving.
6 Reasons to Study Accounting with Murdoch University
- Get qualified for a career where your skills will always be in demand regardless of what the economy is doing. There is a strong growth outlook for accountants in the future*.
*Source: Australian Government’s Department of Jobs of Small Business 2018, Australian Jobs 2018
- You will have access to the tools you’ll use in the real world. You’ll get hands-on experience using a practical software package that will help you practice bookkeeping and learn how to prepare taxation.
- Work with real organisations on real projects, and complete internships through our work-integrated learning program.
- Study two majors and graduate with two specialisations, further enhancing your career prospects.
- Explore careers anywhere in the world, as a Bachelor of Business is a globally recognised degree.
- Benefit from ACCA exemptions for up to nine subjects with the completion of certain units during your Bachelor of Business in Accounting with us, saving you time and money if you choose to pursue your ACCA accountancy qualifications
YEAR 1 (2 Trimesters)
All first-year students are required to take a Transition unit and a Career Learning Spine unit in Year 1. This is designed to provide you with academic skills and skills on how to manage your career.
Course and Major Core (includes units required for professional accreditation)
- Foundations of Business Law
- Management in a Global Environment
- Global Marketing
- Introduction to Accounting
- Foundations of Economics
- Introduction to Finance
- Technology and Accounting Processes
- Management Accounting
- Accounting Theory and Accountability
- Contemporary Financial Accounting
- Corporate Finance
- Company Law
To complete your year two and three studies you must complete six 200 to 300 level units offered by Murdoch University’s Dubai campus, subject to individual unit prerequisites.
Your future career
This degree could be your first step towards becoming a high-level manager, leader, executive or entrepreneur. You could work with professional accounting firms, in government departments, major or emerging brands or in not-for-profit organisations.
Careers could include:
- Auditor or Bookkeeper
- Financial Analyst or Planner
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Credit Manager
Recommended Double Majors
To take a double major, students simply take the core units from another major in place of their general electives units. In most cases a double major can be completed without additional time or cost. Please speak to our admissions counsellors for more information on double major possibilities.