Bachelor of Business (BBus) in Accounting
Tuition Fee (AED)
155,000 (VAT Inclusive)
3 Years with the option to fast-track (6 Trimesters)
Bachelor of Business
Accounting is an integral part of the management process in any business, public enterprise or not-for-profit entities. It acts as an evaluation and control aid when looking at the effectiveness and efficiency of the operations of an enterprise as well as employee performance. It provides information to assist users in making decisions for a variety of purposes, including the acquisition or sale of shares, lending of money, and provision of goods on credit.
You’ll also learn to interpret accounting and auditing standards as you gain new skills in financial statement analysis, forecasting and budgeting, negotiation, ethical decision-making and problem-solving.
6 Reasons to Study Accounting with Murdoch University
- Get qualified for a career where your skills will always be in demand regardless of what the economy is doing. There is a strong growth outlook for accountants in the future*.
*Source: Australian Government’s Department of Jobs of Small Business 2018, Australian Jobs 2018
- You will have access to the tools you’ll use in the real world. You’ll get hands-on experience using a practical software package that will help you practice bookkeeping and learn how to prepare taxation.
- Work with real organisations on real projects, and complete internships through our work-integrated learning program.
- Study two majors and graduate with two specialisations, further enhancing your career prospects.
- Explore careers anywhere in the world, as a Bachelor of Business is a globally recognised degree.
- Benefit from ACCA exemptions for up to nine subjects with the completion of certain units during your Bachelor of Business in Accounting with us, saving you time and money if you choose to pursue your ACCA accountancy qualifications
YEAR 1 (2 Trimesters)
All first-year students are required to take a Transition unit and a Career Learning Spine unit in Year 1. This is designed to provide you with academic skills and skills on how to manage your career.
- Academic Skills for Business – 3 points
Murdoch Spine: Career Learning
- Career Learning: Managing Your Career – 3 points
- Foundational Mathematics for Business – 3 points
- Foundations of Management and Governance – 3 points
- Foundations of Economics – 3 points
- Foundations of Accounting – 3 points
- Foundations of Business Law – 3 points
General electives allow you to broaden your knowledge by studying subjects of interest from other disciplines. You may select general electives from any degree program offered by Murdoch University’s Dubai campus, subject to pre-requisite requirements. You must complete one general elective to complete your first-year studies.
YEAR 2 and 3 (4 Trimesters)
These units have been designed to provide you with the skills and understanding to analyse the world around you and make a difference in your own life and that of others. We have picked relevant and challenging subjects that benefit from an inter-disciplinary approach and allow you to understand how others think and solve problems.
- Understanding Business Research: An Introductory Approach - 3 points
- Applying Mixed Methods Research to Business - 3 points
There are six core units that must be taken in years two and three.
- Technology and Accounting Processes - 3 points
- Corporate Finance - 3 points
- Management Accounting - 3 points
- Company Law - 3 points
- Contemporary Financial Accounting - 3 points
- Accounting Theory and Accountability - 3 points
In addition to the research and core units for years two and three, two more career learning spine units also need to be completed.
- Building Enterprise Skills – 3 points
- Real-World Learning – 3 points
Additional Professional Accreditation Requirements
In order to qualify for admission to membership of the professional accounting bodies (CPA Australia, ICAA and the IPA) students must complete the following two units which can be taken in lieu of two General Elective units.
- Taxation -3 points
- Auditing - 3 points
To complete your year two and three studies you must complete six 200 to 300 level units offered by Murdoch University’s Dubai campus, subject to individual unit prerequisites.
Your future career
This degree could be your first step towards becoming a high-level manager, leader, executive or entrepreneur. You could work with professional accounting firms, in government departments, major or emerging brands or in not-for-profit organisations.
Careers could include:
- Auditor or Bookkeeper
- Financial Analyst or Planner
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Credit Manager
Recommended Double Majors
- Human Resource Management
To take a double major, students simply take the core units from another major in place of their general electives units. In most cases a double major can be completed without additional time or cost. Please speak to our admissions counsellors for more information on double major possibilities.