Murdoch University Dubai English language centre offers Academic English courses specifically for students who need to improve their English language skills before entering into your university studies.
In this course, you will develop skills in academic proficiency and literacy in English. You will find it easier to understand and participate in your university course. If you complete the Academic English course successfully, you will be able to use English in a variety of academic contexts with greater confidence.
If you successfully complete Academic English, you do NOT need to sit the IELTS test to prove your English language proficiency for entry to Murdoch University Dubai university programs (provided you meet all the other course requirements).
Tuition fee - VAT 5% inclusive:
AED 987 per week
10 weeks per course level
Regular intakes throughout the year.
Intermediate to advanced level of English. A pre-course qualifying test is required to guarantee a place in the course.
Your learning outcomes
Reading and listening
- Note-taking strategies for lectures and tutorials
- Analysis of reading text structures
- Techniques for speed reading, skimming and scanning
Speaking and writing
- Planning, drafting and editing reports and essays
- Effective communication in tutorials
- Pronunciation and voice training for presentations and seminars
- Active participation in-group projects
- Bibliographic and in-text referencing
- Analysis of tertiary assessment tasks
- Research skills
- Learner independence
- Intercultural communication
- Computer literacy and numeracy
- Negotiating tactfully and persuading effectively
- Australian workplace culture
- Digital and face-to-face networking